YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, April 1, 2013

Frustrated.

Sometimes I feel like all I do is repeat myself to my children. That nothing ever gets done the first time I ask them to do something. When I get frustrated, Or even mad...I feel like the worst person on earth. Not having my husband around to help keep the peace makes it even worse. And I'm stuck wondering again how single parents do it. I'm about to lose my.mind.
I don't want to have my children look back at their mother and think " all she did was yell." I just don't. And I know I'm not alone in this, but when it is happening it makes me feel like I'm the worst mother on earth because 1) my kids don't listen at all 2) all I do is yell or tell them no or get frustrated.
I know they are young and being defiant comes with the territory. But my gosh, I can't even count how many times I asked MJ to stop jumping on the couch, or just stop for five minutes and relax while I am trying to feed his brother or even get dinner made for us. Right now I'm in bed and he is next to me and he still isn't stopping. Quiet time for me is non-existant. Sleep has been non-existant. I'm pissed that I haven't even talked to my husband tonight and I just want to have an adult conversation that doesn't deal with Max & Ruby or Star Wars.
I'm sure some of you probably feel like I'm whining, and I know that I am. This is parenthood: ding,ding,ding. Welcome to the crazy world.that you created...literally. I would never, ever change it or ask to.change it. But that doesn't mean it won't drive me bonkers once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment