YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Moving Update

We sold our house.
We bought a house.

Our 2nd Home Inspection ( for the buyer) will be next Wednesday. The moving assessment is on the 11th, and then the movers come to get us packed up on April 16,17 & 18. So we should be on our way by either the 18th or 19th, not sure yet.

So many mixed emotions right now. I am really happy to finally be on our way. My family will be together again which will be a God send. I have missed my husband so much, and I know the boys have too. (And the dog.) Moving to the Pacific Northwest is going to be a huge change for this family. Both of my boys have never seen the ocean, or mountain ranges. MJ keeps talking about seeing squids, LOL. It's so funny. Not to mention the new house we purchased is so beautiful. The two most exciting aspects: 1) I have a bath tub in my bathroom. I haven't had my own tub in 5 years. 2) a garbage disposal! LOL!!!! AGH!!!! It is also nice that the laundry room is on the top floor. I may actually get more laundry down now because I don't have to worry about lugging it up two sets of stairs anymore. And although the back yard is small, it is fenced in, which also makes me very happy.

When I asked MJ if he was excited about moving into a new house, he said " No, I want to take this house with us mommy."
That totally broke my heart. Just thinking about how wonderful this home has been to us brings me to tears. It's just a truly amazing home. Looking back on the two years we have been here, yes, we have had some rough spots. But compared to the bigger things in our lives ( the children, our family, our friends, our neighborhood, this town, etc) we have been incredibly blessed. So many great memories have been made in this home, one of them being our little Beans, who was born last January. This home has created so much comfort for this family, and everything about it will be missed so much. When DH had told me that we would be moving to Minnesota, I was mortified. I didn't want to go. A few years beforehand when we moved to South Dakota, we had to take a trip to MN for a meeting of his. Little did we know that the town we were visiting would be our home a few years down the road. I swear to you I have never seen a blizzard like the one we endured on the way there. I thought we were going to die! We were driving 35 on the highway during a ground blizzard, and you would see cars & semi's fly right past us like nothing. I never wanted to go back. And when we did go to look for houses, and we had to trudge through 10 feet of snow to reach a front door of a house, I remember thinking....I can't live in this. I hate snow!
Turns out, it's worth every inch of snow. This town is so beautiful both winter, spring, summer and fall time. The lakes that surround you are so beautiful to look at. We spent time on a number of them, fishing, swimming or just scanning their waters. We've camped, we've hiked. It's just been a wonderful experience. I will miss this place. The winters....ehhhhhh, not so much.

Because we move so much, it's been hard for me to make any friendships. When we moved to SD, I didn't friend anyone. I was scared for a number of reasons. One, I knew we wouldn't be there for long ( even though it was almost for three years). Two, I was horribly awkward at making friends with people. I never used to be that way, but after years being trapped in a really bad relationship and losing myself, I had to build everything back up to where it was and it was difficult. I spent the first year here without any friends either. During last summer though, I ran into one of our neighbors who also has two little ones, both girls. She invited me to join MOPs ( Mothers of Preschoolers)  And it was the best decision I ever made. I made friends, the boys made friends. I learned so much more about myself, my faith, and that I'm too hard on myself as a mother. It was great to learn that I'm not alone when it comes to being frustrated or screwing little things up as a mom. I've met so many wonderful women through this group, and I am very proud to call them my friends. I wish I had known about the group sooner, life has it's reasons. I will miss each and every one of them and their kids. I do plan on joining a local MOPs group when we move out there.

I guess that's it for now. I might be back later today, we'll see. Hope everyone has a great day! It's almost the weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment