YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Greetings!

Okay, okay I know. I haven't updated in awhile. I've been busy with goodbyes and trying to pull down decorations around the home before we get moving. So I woke up to this scene this morning:

Hey Mother Nature, You Suck.
More snow! Yippee. The weather forecast last Friday stated we would be 50 in Wednesday and snow this coming Friday. Then it turns into "Winter Storm Wanda" or whatever, and we have 8-12 inches of snow predicted. Effffff. So anyways, we were supposed to have the moving assessment today at 11, but they of course cancelled. I guess we are supposed to do that over the phone now, which I find odd, but oh well. We had to have a plumbing inspection at 1 though, and my drive-way was blocked at the end because of the snow plow that came through. So I thought, I'll go get the shovel, take MJ out and try to shovel the end of the drive. Nope. This snow is soooooooo heavy. So then I decided to go ahead and try the snow blower. In the back of my mind I thought that maybe I shouldn't. What if it breaks? What if I do something to it, and it stops working? Husband will be mad. And then I was like, you know, screw it. This will be my last major snowfall for a couple of years, just do it. 

So I did.

I actually get the machine started, and I'm pumped. Start moving the thing ( and holy hell cats is it ever heavy) and then it stalls. WTF?!? Start pulling the thingie back ( you like my technical words? LOL.) and nothing. One more time....nothing. Okay, one more time. NOTHING. I'm half way down the drive with the massive machine and I have to pull it back in the garage by myself. At this point I'm completely exhausted. So the plumber guy comes and I apologize about my drive way. As he walks around the house and does his thing, I decide to read up on the monster of a snow blower. I decided to give it one more try. Both of the kids were napping at this point, so I got dressed and headed outside. Added more gas, just in case, pushed some magic button on the side and then did the pull thingie again and VoilĂ  IT WORKS! And that was it. I actually used a snow blower for the first time in my life. Didn't bust it, don't break anything on my body or anyone else's. 

I'm really proud. Go ahead and make fun of me, it's okay. Things like this mean a lot to me though just because I've never been the type of person to ever go out and do stuff like that. Having my husband so far away has presented a lot more challenges to me. The first time we moved from SD to MN, he was only four hours away and could come home on the weekends, or even during the week if need be. Since Seattle is obviously quite far away, we don't have that option. That and I also have another kid added to the equation. 

The first 2-3 weeks I fully admit I was a huge baby. It was actually pretty pathetic. I was angry at him, I was angry at the railroad for making him leave us for this new job. I was a brat, and I really gave my husband a hard time. But as the weeks went on, I realized how silly I was acting, and how I should really take this as a learning experience. I feel very accomplished, both with the kids and chores around and outside the house. Yesterday I had both kids with me when I had to take our 65 pound German Shepherd and our cat to the vet for their shots/check-ups. Talk about a trip. Luckily they helped me get everyone packed in at the end, but it was a circus. I thought GSD's were supposed to be bad asses, but mine appears to be a big baby. 

It's hard to believe that Monday everything for our move begins. 

HOLY CRAP WE ARE FINALLY MOVING

No comments:

Post a Comment