YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!



So let's talk about my weekend. My kids apparently do not want me to sleep at all during the night. In the one solid hour of sleep I received on Thursday night, I had the best dream I've had in awhile. It was, ahem, one of -those- dreams. Y'know, *elbows you* *winks* THOSE DREAMS. And it starred that beautiful looking man up there. Yeah, Jon Bernthal from Walking Dead. Totally random ( and the next night I had another one with Jared Leto! Weird, right? But it was Jordan Catallano Jared, not emo Jared.) I didn't want to wake up at all. Sadly, the dream ended in a bad way because what was going on in real life managed to incorporate itself into the dream. So Jon ended up throwing up all over me. Meaning, I woke up to my son throwing up all over me. Yup. He walked into my bedroom, watched me dreaming in my cozy, clean bed. Opened his little mouth, and projectile vomited all over my face. Win.
I cleaned him up, put him back to his bed and then proceeded to clean myself and my own bed up. When I finally laid back down, Beans woke up crying. Not sick, just didn't want a damn thing to do with sleeping. So from 2:30 am until 5am I sat up with him, watching my SVU re runs. Because hey, maybe if I got another hour of sleep, I could have Elliott Stabler visit me in my dreams, right?

So today is Easter. 
Another downfall to being a Railroad Wife, is having to do a lot of holidays either on your own, or not celebrating them on the exact day it occurs. This year I am all alone. I mean yes, I have the kids with me, but no husband, family or friends. I gave the kids their Easter Baskets yesterday because I couldn't wait for them to open their gifts. So we went on a walk with the dog, and as I had them wait in the garage for me, I ran downstairs and grabbed them, placed them out and then took our walk. MJ was so excited, but mostly confused when he opened the door and saw the baskets sitting there. I was all " oh my, the Easter Bunny must have come while we were out on our walk!" He was stoked. So that made me happy to him so excited and in love with his Darth Tater. 
Spending holidays alone isn't fun. Especially when you come from a family that went all out with celebrations for Easter and such. It's just another day in this house. I guess it's okay, seeing as how both of the boys still don't really get what Easter is supposed to be about anyways. I wanted to attend a Church service, but I just couldn't see myself going with two little boys and no help. I think that's what I enjoyed the most growing up, was attending Easter service in the morning. I'm not a big Church goer. It's difficult for us to go as a family because DH ( dear husband, just an FYI) works every other weekend, and when we do have an open weekend, we want to spend it sleeping in or hanging out as a family. But Easter service, along with Christmas Eve service, always makes me feel like I'm at home and my family is with me in spirit. Especially my grandparents, whom both passed. So yeah. It's hard to get used to spending these days alone, but I'm sure I'll be used to it soon enough. And yes, I realize it can be much worse. I'm very blessed to have my own family, a husband, a home. I realize that others aren't so lucky. Yet again, I'm just trying to share what goes on typically in a RR family. 

Just another day in the life of a Railroad Wife. 



No comments:

Post a Comment